Our commercial team offers critical expertise in:
- EPDM single ply
- TPO single ply
- PVC single ply
- Tapered insulation packages
- Concrete roof deck system application
- Steel and Wood deck system application
- Refrigerated storage roof systems
- Special environment systems (indoor pools or chemical plants)
- Structural metal panel application
- Standing seam systems
- Through fastened metal panels
- Solar Panel array compliant roof systems
EPDM (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer) is a very durable synthetic rubber with extreme flexibility. It is an ultra low maintenance product that can easily be installed in or around complex contours of a roof.
EPDM comes in black or white and in thickness of 45 mil, 60 mil, and 90 mil. This system can be mechanically attached, fully adhered, or ballasted. EPDM is also available as a self-adhered membrane, allowing it to be installed in temperatures as low a 20 degrees Fahrenheit while maintaining a strong bond.
TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin) is a single-ply reflective membrane which is a polypropylene and ethylene-propylene rubber polymerized together. TPO is seamed using a heat welder creating a monolithic homogenous structure which protects the entire roof of your building. It is resistant to UV and helps prevent heat gain in the structure by reflecting a great deal of the sun’s energy. Wind uplift characteristics are excellent and are similar to EPDM.
TPO is available in white, tan, gray and a series of other colors and at thicknesses of 45, 60, and 80 mil. This system can be mechanically attached, fully adhered, or Induction welded to stress plates. TPO is also available in a self-adhesive membrane that can be installed in temperatures as low as 20 degrees Fahrenheit.
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) is a durable plastic membrane with characteristics similar to TPO. It is a preferred choice for the longest lasting single ply roof systems and is often specified for environments where grease is present – for example on a restaurant. PVC is available in colors from some manufacturers, but is usually white.
PVC is available as a walkable deck product for use on patios or terraces. This version is usually embossed with a colorful decorative pattern.
Certifications & Affiliations
- GP Martini Roofing Co. is a proud applicator of the world’s leading manufacturers, Carlisle Syntec and Firestone Building Products
- GP Martini is an authorized installer of GAF Everguard TPO roof systems.
- GP Martini is an authorized installer of IB Roof Systems’ PVC roof membranes.